Hi, y'all. Time for another Tuesday update.
Last week, I said Deanna might be coming home by the end of this week. As of yesterday, however, that isn't looking so likely; in fact, today she told me that she has specifically been told that she won't be coming back home just yet, and there is even some debate over whether to keep her at BC Women's or to transfer her to St. Paul's. (Since St. Paul's is only three blocks from our home, I would very, very, very much like it if they could move her there, but we shall see what happens.)
I'll spare you all the clinical details, but suffice to say that a minor complication came up yesterday morning, which led to Deanna being given some antibiotics intravenously for the next couple days, and the doctors want to keep her where they can watch her. So, as usual, we keep on praying.
I don't think there's much else to report. Deanna's birthday was last Sunday -- her first since we were married -- and I'm sure she appreciated hearing the choir sing "Many years" to her over Dave's cell phone. A couple friends came over Sunday night and helped me do some cleaning up, though the real spring-cleaning still lies before us. I've been watching videos on childbirth and C-sections and other fun stuff. And meanwhile we wait ... and wait ... and wait ...