Friday, March 03, 2006

Holy Transfiguration Skete!

Okay friends, thanks for all the comments below, great thoughts.

In other news, I spoke with Brother Samuel today and he said we could come to the skete on Friday, March 10,

we are going to take the 930 ferry from Horseshoe bay to Gibsons, we should take only one car, cause its close enough to do two trips, a five minute drive or so, and the rest of us can walk on.

I told them about 5-10 of us would be going, Gabe and Josina, and Biss and Phil have already expressed interest, we would be coming back after the evening prayers at 4 or 5, so I think the 6 o'clock ferry, leaving after the prayers so they can have dinner or presanctified liturgy or whatever they do, and we might be back in time for our own presanctified liturgy.

how do we want to do this? car-wise, parking, and does anyone else want to come?

this will be an all day thing, we need to meet and be at the ferry I think by about 830 or so. I missed a ferry last time I went, and it was tragic, so we should meet at 730 at the latest, because its friday morning traffic on the freeway if we are meeting in langley.

right.


Details so far.

Friday, March 10
Ferry to Gibsons 930 cost of ferry is $10, plus car is I think about $10 more per person, free coming back.

we also want to pitch in to get Fr. Gregory a bottle of scotch for Bright week, and we want it to be at least a little bit nice, so maybe $5 each, if you want to participate in that. as well, you can buy candles from them too, they make the ones we use at church.

thoughts? ready....go.

15 comments:

Gabe said...

Hurray!! Thanks Dave! I don't know what to say about the driving and ferry plans, they sound great to me!

Unknown said...

what would be monastery-appropriate clothing? head-covering, etc?

Mr. P said...

right, I forgot.

as long as its modest, thats all that matters. head coverings are fine if you want, but not necessary.

that dress in your pic, for example, might not be the best for the monastery... ;)

Mr. P said...

How many people are interested in driving? I can drive and maybe Biss and Phil if we need two cars?

so far the list of people interested is as follows...


Dave
Gabe
Josina
Rowena
Phil
Biss

and maybe Sarah G

I am going to call seraphim or talk to him tonight, he likes going there, and I bet Dan or Jesse or Graham

Unknown said...

You mean I can't dress like Audrey Hepburn at the Skete? I'm so disappointed... :(

Unknown said...

I have to postpone getting myself to the monastery - i have an in-class essay on the 10th.

hunchback scholar said...

Yo
I'd say I'm extremely interested. Keep me posted on details.
Dig the Audreyness, Jos. Keep it up.
J

Jenny said...

Mooooooon Riiiiiver
Off to see the wooorld
The're suuuuuch a lot of woooorld to
seeeeeeeeeee. . .

Oh, Cat!

:-) Audrey Rocks.

Jenny said...

Ya can't go wrong with frumporama. . .

Kassianni said...

we got kicked out of westminster abby once for wearing pants inside.

Mr. P said...

so. Sadly, Josina is out, school or something, Stephen is in, and...that makes the list look like this.


David
Biss
Phil
Rowena
Gabe
Stephen
Jesse ?
Sarah ?


and we are going to leave langley at 7:15 for the 9:30 Ferry, because we don't want to be late. we are picking up Rowena on the way, she's in North Van. and we will leave on the 6:30 ferry, leaving the monastery about 6:00.

Those of us leaving from langley will meet in the parking lot at Phil and Biss's house, across the street from my house, Gabe will be staying there, so it makes sense.

Does anyone have sid's number? and we should call or mention this to Gregory and Rhiannon, in case they can come.

anyone else?

Mr. P said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mr. P said...

okay.

so far the list of people going to the monastery is as follows.


Dave
Phil
Biss
Stephen
Gabe



and Dan is a question mark???

and Sarah Gillis has yet to confirm.

so. there you go.

And, I have to return on the 430 ferry to get to presanctified liturgy at St. Herman's, but some want to stay for vespers at the skete...we will work out the details soon.

Abigail said...

Dave, count Aaron and I are in if there's room. Is there room?

Jesse, like i said before, give me a call or mail me if you want to come on Thursday for Bible study and stay over.

Jenny said...

Victoria! Pants inside /what/? I'm not surprised you got kicked out!