Friday, April 20, 2012

YARD SALE SAT. MAY 5th-- HELP WANTED!


(Sorry to post above Seraphim & Erin's wedding info, but this event is coming up fast. Wedding info in the next post down-- MatD)


Loralynne sends this info (and unless I am mistaken, the purpose is to benefit the building fund?) : 

 Saturday, May 5th 

 9:00am - 2:00pm. 

Set up starting at 8:30am.

-Set up: I'm hoping to have about ten tables of stuff. That would be good. I would like to set them up on one side of the parking lot so we would still have some parking available. Also, I'm working on getting hotdogs going on the BBQ. I'm hoping Tony will run that but I have not heard back from him as of yet. If people come with kids, the field area should be free for them to run around. So the amount of people I'm looking for to help would be... one person per table (10 people, some need to be big strong guys) two people on food (Tony and someone) and it would be good to have two or three people to watch the kids. So that's about 15 volunteers... I would be one

- Stuff: I am bringing a bunch of plants and some stuff. I need people to bring as much stuff as they can. I would like it if people could bring their stuff that morning, but if they can't we are going to have to figure out where we can store it. I'm hoping someone who lives close to the church and has a garage can do this (maybe two people)

- Food: Hotdogs (with buns, ketchup, mustard, relish), chips, pop/water and donuts

- Advertising: I need people to make signs for on the road, maybe about ten or so. Langley times gives a discount for adds to charities so a three line add is $23.50 + tax and a 1" add is $30.76 ,  tax. So I'm not sure if we want to do that. It would run the Thursday before the sale. I would like to. Also I'm putting together a Craig's list add. I think that should be enough.

- Take down: We can't have anything left at the church at the end of the day. People need to take their stuff home. On the off chance that there is stuff left, I will either put together grab boxes and advertise them on Craig's list or just take it down to the Salvation Army. I have a small car so I can't take much. I might be able to borrow a truck. If there is left over food I figure we can have it the next day (Sunday) for lunch!

I think that is it for now. If I think of anything else I will let you know. If you have any ideas or concerns, please let me know. Thank you so much! I will be making a big announcement at church on Sunday. Have a great day!

Lora-Lynne

1 comment:

Kassianni said...

I am thinking Tony will not be available as their restaurant is open and operating on Saturdays, is it not? just my guess.